Amounts Algerian molokhia
- 2/3 cup (100 g) ground dried molokhia.
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) vegetable oil.
- 1/2 cup (100g) chopped onion.
- 10 cloves garlic.
- tablespoon (12.5 g) coriander.
- A teaspoon (5 g) Hanout head seasoning.
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) caraway.
- teaspoon (5 g) salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) black pepper.
- teaspoon (5 g) harissa.
- 2 tbsp (25 g) tomato sauce.
- 1/2 kilo (500g) lamb, cut into medium cubes.
- 5 cups (1250 ml) hot water.
How to prepare Algerian molokhia
Mix the mallow and oil in a bowl until combined, then set aside.
Put garlic, onion, coriander, Ras El Hanout spices, caraway, salt and pepper in a food processor, chop until smooth, then add harissa and tomato sauce well.
Season the meat with the previous mixture, then heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then put the meat and stir until slightly browned for five minutes.
Add a cup of hot water to a boil to the meat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the mallow to the meat, then put a liter of hot water, cover the pot and simmer for two and a half hours until the oil floats to the surface, or put it in a pressure cooker for 60 minutes, and serve hot with bread.
read more : Lentil soup with chicken